Links to publicly available lexical resources (dictionaries and corpora).
SIGLEX is trying to include a full and comprehensive set of links of available
electronic corpora and lexicons/dictionaries for use in natural language
- Electronic Dictionaries: Pointers to online
dictionaries (including look-up, downloadable word lists, bilingual
dictionaries) and commercial sources of electronic dictionaries.
- Lexicon Acquisition, Development, and
Analysis: Links to specially constructed research lexicons and tools for
development and analysis of lexicons, including FrameNet, Extended WordNet
(XWN), VerbNet, the Lexical Conceptual Structures (LCS) lexicon, the UMLS
SPECIALIST lexicon, and tools from the Linguistic Computing Laboratory.
- CORPORA Archive: Links to messages posted
on the CORPORA mailing list, categorized according to a SIGLEX ontology of
topical issues relevant tothe development, analysis, and use of computational
- Corpora: Running texts representative of
populations or genres or for lexicographic analysis.
- Treebanks: Databases of text containing part of
speech tags and labeled constituent structures (e.g., noun phrase, adverbial
phrase, coordinate clause).
- Parallel Corpora: Aligned texts in 2 or more
- Phonetic Databases: Transcriptions of speech
samples and lists of words coded phonetically.
- Language Acquisition: Databases of transcripts of
those acquiring language as children and adolescents or as a second language.
Other Sources Related to Corpora and Electronic Dictionaries
Last modified October 20, 2005 Maintained by
Ken Litkowski (firstname.lastname@example.org)